From Lee Newman of Ultimate Comics, the list of top-selling books at one of their locations in North Carolina for what was released on 11/19/08. Pull lists are not included, as this is meant to capture what is being bought off the shelf.
1. Ender's Game: Battle School #21. I'd like to know how well the book is selling in more "progressive" (read: liberal) areas.
2. Supergirl # 35
3. Fantastic Four #561
4. Avengers Invaders #6
5. Pax Romana#4
6. Goon #30
7. X-Men Legacy #218
8. Uncanny X-Men #504
9. Robin #180
10. Ex Machina #39
Another lite week lets some smaller titles shine.
1. I am blaming this firmly on college kids. I know I read the book in college and that age seems to have an affinity for the series.
2. NEW KRYPTON effect... see if it lasts. I know I was upset by yet another round of Kara's origin, we'll see if readers feel as upset about it.
5. We love Hickman and so do our customers. Can't wait to see what Secret Warriors does.
7. The story is pretty solid so both Legacy and Origins saw bumps during this arc.
9. RIP fever after effects.
2. I haven't noticed a big backlash from the kryptonite poisoning gimmick. Looks like people are giving them room to work on their new angle.
3. That came out again? And non-pull-list people are buying it? Shocking.
5. I guess I need to check out more of his work. I tend to come late to the party on critically successful Image books.
9. Yet, the "tie-ins" really had nothing to do with RIP. Certainly people buying this issue already realized by now?